Monday, March 22, 2010

Skating on the "Prom"

22/3/2010

I didn’t end up going to church yesterday like I had planned and instead skated on the path next to the beach with some hockey buddies. I received a text and realized that I had been sitting on my bum all day working on my paper outline and really needed to move before I lost feeling in my legs. The boardwalk, or prom as they call it, was amazing. The weather was sunny and windy right until we pulled into the parking lot. Then it turned grey and gloomy before eventually raining on us at the end. People were walking their dogs and couples and families were walking together… very cute. I did not fall but I did almost biff it one time. I need to remember there are dips in the sidewalk for crosswalks next time.

ALSO, there is a diving platform where you can just jump off to swim! I am so totally doing it in May even though there were two guys (or maybe just one guy who got in twice?) who were swimming while we were there.

It was tons of fun and I felt like I got to know my buds a little more after the excursion. A couple of us stopped for coffee afterwards which kept me up later, but it was totally worth it. I plan on doing it again soon and buying a pair when I get back home now that I know how to stop(ish)!

No comments:

Post a Comment