Saturday, May 1, 2010

BEALTAINE!

1/5/2010

Happy Bealtaine! Today is Bealtaine, a quarter day festival that celebrates the coming of summer! I hope you rubbed your face with the morning dew this morning, bought or picked some flowers, or were the first one to take water from the well for some good luck!

I officially finished all of my finals last week and am free to frolic for a whole month! The weather is fantastic so lately I've been filling my time with walks and rollerblading on the beachfront! I didn't realize how out of shape you can get in just one month! It rained a little when I went skating today, but it did feel nice.

My friend and I took a walk by the Spanish Arch last week and sat to look at the bay and low and behold... a SEAL was swimming! The seal didn't get within 100 feet from us but it was really great to see him swimming around. I saw a seal on the ferry to the Aran Islands back in January which was great too. I just can't wrap my mind around seal sightings. We do not have those in Minnesota that's for sure!



















The seal was swimming in the area in front of the boat. I also think that palm trees in Ireland is hilarious! The platform is at the end of the beachfront... I plan to jump off of it next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment