Wednesday, February 24, 2010

COINCIDENCE? I think not!

24/2/2010

I just wanted to insert another WEIRD coincidence of the week. I was walking back from traditional dancing night at Monroe's on Tuesday and  passed some very obnoxious Americans... one of which I knew! A fellow from my summer course at Georgetown was walking towards me!!! I could not believe it and leaped like a rabid animal at him.

Thank goodness he remembered me otherwise that would have been weird. Man, this is a small world!

On another note, at volunteering also on Tuesday, the heating had shut off in the buildings with the younger classes. We had only one student show up for homework club... there were five adults. I thought it was funny as last week had also been canceled for Fat Tuesday.

Tonight I went to inline hockey and enjoyed myself immensely despite my nasty coughing attacks and weak and feeble muscles. On the way home, we were stopped by an enthusiastic Canadian going to GMIT, "the other school," in town who had been looking for a team since he's been here. Poor guy's friends whisked him away when he found we were from NUI Galway. He's missing out!

This weekend will be a planning weekend for Easter break and Cork next weekend hopefully! "lick the Blarney stone... I dare you."

No comments:

Post a Comment